Terms and Conditions
GROUNDZCONTROL.COM SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE AGREEMENT (THIS “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING REGISTRATION. BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND, IN SUCH EVENT, “YOU” AND “YOUR” AS USED IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT THE “I DECLINE” BUTTON AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
I. Agreement Definitions
“You” and “your” refers to the individual or entity that has ordered software as a service from GroundzControl.com (“GroundzControl”). Software as a service consists of system administration, system management, and system monitoring activities that GroundzControl.com performs for GroundzControl.com programs, and includes the right to use the GroundzControl.com programs, support services for such GroundzControl.com programs, as well as any other services provided by GroundzControl.com. The term “GroundzControl.com programs” refers to the software products owned by GroundzControl.com to which GroundzControl.com grants you access as part of the services and any program updates provided as part of the services. The term “users” shall mean those individuals authorized by you or on your behalf to use the services. The term “your data” refers to the data provided by you that resides in your services environment.
II. Rights Granted
Upon GroundzControl.com’s acceptance of your order and for the duration of the services term, you have the nonexclusive, non-assignable, royalty free, worldwide limited right to use the services solely for your internal business operations and subject to the terms of the agreement. You may allow your users to use the services for this purpose and you are responsible for your users’ compliance with the agreement. You acknowledge that GroundzControl.com has no delivery obligation and will not ship copies of the GroundzControl.com programs to you as part of the services. You agree that you do not acquire under the agreement any license to use the GroundzControl.com programs specified in the ordering document in excess of the scope and/or duration of the services. Upon the end of the agreement or the services thereunder, your right to access or use the GroundzControl.com programs specified in the ordering document and the services shall terminate.
III .Ownership and Restrictions
You retain all ownership and intellectual property rights in and to your data. GroundzControl.com or its licensors retain all ownership and intellectual property rights to the services and programs found on GroundzControl.com. GroundzControl.com retains all ownership and intellectual property rights to anything developed and delivered under the agreement. Third party technology that may be appropriate or necessary for use with some GroundzControl.com programs is specified in the program documentation or ordering document as applicable. Your right to use such third party technology is governed by the terms of the third party technology license agreement specified by GroundzControl.com and not under the agreement.
You may not:
- remove or modify any program markings or any notice of GroundzControl.com or its proprietary rights;
- make the programs or materials resulting from the services available in any manner to any third party for use in the third party’s business operations (unless such access is expressly permitted for the specific program license or materials from the services you have acquired);
- modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile, or reverse engineer any part of the services (the foregoing prohibition includes but is not limited to review of data structures or similar materials produced by programs), or access or use the services in order to build or support, and/or assist a third party in building or supporting, products or services competitive to GroundzControl.com;
- disclose results of any services or program benchmark tests without GroundzControl.com prior written consent; and
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, host, outsource, disclose, permit timesharing or service bureau use, or otherwise commercially exploit or make the services, GroundzControl.com programs or materials available, to any third party other than, as expressly permitted under the terms of the agreement. The rights granted to you under the agreement are also conditioned on the following:
- the rights of any user licensed to use the services (e.g., on a “named user” basis) cannot be shared or used by more than one individual (unless such license is reassigned in its entirety to another authorized user, in which case the prior authorized user shall no longer have any right to access or use the license);
- except as expressly provided herein, no part of the services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means; and
- you agree to make every reasonable effort to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing the services.
IV. Warranties, Disclaimers and Exclusive Remedies
If the services provided to you for any given month during the services term were not performed as warranted, you must provide written notice to GroundzControl.com no later than five business days after the last day of that particular month.
GROUNDZCONTROL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT GROUNDZCONTROL WILL CORRECT ALL SERVICES ERRORS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GROUNDZCONTROL DOES NOT CONTROL THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. GROUNDZCONTROL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
FOR ANY BREACH OF THE ABOVE WARRANTIES, GROUNDZCONTROL WILL REMIT A SERVICES FEE CREDIT TO YOU CALCULATED AT FIVE PERCENT (5%) OF NET MONTHLY FEES (IF ANY) FOR THE APPLICABLE SERVICES FOR THE MONTH IN WHICH THE BREACH OCCURRED. THE CREDIT WILL BE PROVIDED ONLY TOWARDS ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCE FOR SERVICES OWED TO GROUNDZCONTROL, AND THE REMITTANCE OF SUCH CREDIT WILL REPRESENT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, AND GROUNDZCONTROL’S SOLE LIABILITY, FOR ALL BREACHES OF ANY WARRANTY SPECIFIED IN THE AGREEMENT. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS INCLUDING FOR HARDWARE, SYSTEMS, NETWORKS OR ENVIRONMENTS OR FOR MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
If a third party makes a claim against either you or GroundzControl.com (“Recipient” which may refer to you or GroundzControl.com depending upon which party received the Material), that any information, design, specification, instruction, software, service, data, or material (“Material”) furnished by either you or GroundzControl.com (“Provider” which may refer to you or GroundzControl.com depending on which party provided the Material), and used by the Recipient infringes its intellectual property rights, the Provider, at its sole cost and expense, will defend the Recipient against the claim and indemnify the Recipient from the damages, liabilities, costs and expenses awarded by the court to the third party claiming infringement or the settlement agreed to by the Provider, if the Recipient does the following:
- notifies the Provider promptly in writing, not later than 30 days after the Recipient receives notice of the claim (or sooner if required by applicable law);
- gives the Provider sole control of the defense and any settlement negotiations; and
- gives the Provider the information, authority, and assistance the Provider needs to defend against or settle the claim.
If the Provider believes or it is determined that any of the Material may have violated a third party’s intellectual property rights, the Provider may choose to either modify the Material to be non-infringing (while substantially preserving its utility or functionality) or obtain a license to allow for continued use, or if these alternatives are not commercially reasonable, the Provider may end the license for, and require return of, the applicable Material and refund any unused, prepaid fees the Recipient may have paid to the other party for such Material. If such return materially affects the ability of GroundzControl.com to meet its obligations under the relevant order, then GroundzControl.com may, at its option and upon 30 days prior written notice, terminate the order. The Provider will not indemnify the Recipient if the Recipient alters the Material or uses it outside the scope of use identified in the Provider’s user documentation or services policies or if the Recipient uses a version of the Materials which has been superseded, if the infringement claim could have been avoided by using an unaltered current version of the Material which was provided to the Recipient. The Provider will not indemnify the Recipient to the extent that an infringement claim is based upon
- any information, design, specification, instruction, software, data, or material not furnished by the Provider, or
- any Material from a third party portal or other external source that is accessible to you within or from the service (e.g., a third party Web page accessed via a hyperlink).
GroundzControl.com will not indemnify you to the extent that an infringement claim is based upon the combination of any Material with any products or services not provided by GroundzControl.com. GroundzControl.com will not indemnify you for infringement caused by your actions against any third party if the services as delivered to you and used in accordance with the terms of the agreement would not otherwise infringe any third party intellectual property rights. GroundzControl.com will not indemnify you for any infringement claim that is based on:
- a patent that you were made aware of prior to the effective date of the agreement (pursuant to a claim, demand, or notice);
- or your actions prior to the effective date of the agreement. This section provides the parties’ exclusive remedy for any infringement claims or damages.
VI .End of Agreement
Services provided under this software as a service agreement shall be provided for the period on a month to month basis unless earlier terminated in accordance with the agreement.
The term of the services and any renewal terms are collectively defined as the “services term.” At the end of the services term, all rights to access or use the services shall end. If either party breaches a material term of the agreement and fails to correct the breach within 30 days of written specification of the breach, then the breaching party is in default and the non-breaching party may terminate If GroundzControl.com ends the services under the Indemnification section, you must pay within 30 days all amounts remaining unpaid for services plus related taxes and expenses. The non-breaching party may agree in its sole discretion to extend the 30 day period for so long as the breaching party continues reasonable efforts to cure the breach. You agree that if you are in default under the agreement, you may not use the services ordered and your access will be suspended until such time as your account is brought current. In addition, GroundzControl.com may immediately suspend your password, account, and access to or use of the services:
- if you fail to pay GroundzControl.com as required under the agreement and do not cure within the ten (10) day cure period,
- or if you violate any provision within this software as a service agreement.
GroundzControl.com may terminate the services hereunder if any of the foregoing is not cured within 30 days after GroundzControl.com initial notice thereof. Any suspension by GroundzControl.com of the services under this paragraph shall not excuse you from your obligation to make payment(s) under the agreement. You agree and acknowledge that GroundzControl.com has no obligation to retain your data and that your data may be irretrievably deleted after 60 days following termination. Provisions that survive termination or expiration of the agreement are those relating to limitation of liability, infringement indemnity, payment, and others which by their nature are intended to survive.
VII. Fees and Taxes
You agree to pay for all services ordered. All fees due under the agreement are non-cancelable and the sums paid nonrefundable. You agree to pay any sales, value-added or other similar taxes imposed by applicable law that GroundzControl.com must pay based on the services you ordered, except for taxes based on GroundzControl.com income. All amounts invoiced hereunder are due and payable immediately on the date of the invoice and will be automatically charged to the credit card which you have on file with GroundzControl.com. You agree that you have not relied on the future availability of any services, programs or updates in entering into the payment obligations in the ordering document; however, the preceding does not relieve GroundzControl.com of its obligation to deliver services that you have ordered per the terms of the agreement. All prices for services are subject to change from time to time and prior notification of such price changes will be sent to all active and current users at least 30 calendar days prior to any increase taking effect.
By virtue of the agreement, the parties may have access to information that is confidential to one another (“confidential information”). We each agree to disclose only information that is required for the performance of obligations under the agreement. Confidential information shall be limited to the terms and pricing under the agreement, your data residing in the services environment, and all information clearly identified as confidential at the time of disclosure. A party’s confidential information shall not include information that:
- is or becomes a part of the public domain through no act or omission of the other party;
- was in the other party’s lawful possession prior to the disclosure and had not been obtained by the other party either directly or indirectly from the disclosing party;
- is lawfully disclosed to the other party by a third party without restriction on the disclosure;
- or is independently developed by the other party.
We each agree to hold each other’s confidential information in confidence for a period of five (5) years from the date of disclosure. Also, we each agree to disclose confidential information only to those employees or agents who are required to protect it against unauthorized disclosure in a manner no less protective than under the agreement. Nothing shall prevent either party from disclosing the terms or pricing under the agreement in any legal proceeding arising from or in connection with the agreement or from disclosing the confidential information to a governmental entity as required by law.
IX. Entire Agreement
You agree that the agreement (including the information which is incorporated into the agreement by written reference (including reference to information contained in a URL or referenced policy), is the complete agreement for the services ordered by you, and that the agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations, written or oral, regarding such services. If any term of the agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain effective and such term shall be replaced with a term consistent with the purpose and intent of the agreement. It is expressly agreed that the terms of the agreement shall supersede the terms in any purchase order or other non-GroundzControl.com document and no terms included in any such purchase order or other non-GroundzControl.com document shall apply to the services ordered. The agreement may not be modified and the rights and restrictions may not be altered or waived except in a writing signed or accepted online through the GroundzControl.com Store by authorized representatives of you and of GroundzControl.com.
X. Limitation of Liability
NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS (EXCLUDING FEES UNDER THE AGREEMENT), DATA, OR DATA USE. GROUNDZCONTROL’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE AGREEMENT OR YOUR ORDER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE TOTAL AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID TO GROUNDZCONTROL FOR THE SERVICES UNDER THE ORDER THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. ANY DAMAGE IN YOUR FAVOR AGAINST GROUNDZCONTROL SHALL BE REDUCED BY ANY REFUND OR CREDIT RECEIVED BY YOU UNDER THE AGREEMENT AND ANY SUCH REFUND AND CREDIT SHALL APPLY TOWARDS THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Export laws and regulations of the United States and any other relevant local export laws and regulations apply to the services. You agree that such export control laws govern your use of the services (including technical data) and any services deliverables provided under the agreement, and you agree to comply with all such export laws and regulations (including deemed export” and “deemed re-export” regulations). You agree that no data, information, software programs and/or materials resulting from services (or direct product thereof) will be exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of these laws, or will be used for any purpose prohibited by these laws including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation, or development of missile technology.
XII. Force Majeure
Neither of us shall be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other license); other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. We both will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event. If such event continues for more than 30 days, either of us may cancel unperformed services upon written notice. This section does not excuse either party’s obligation to take reasonable steps to follow its normal disaster recovery procedures or your obligation to pay for the services.
XIII. Your Data
XIV. Restrictions on Use of the Services
You agree not to use or permit use of the services, including by uploading, emailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting any material, for any purpose that may
- menace or harass any person or cause damage or injury to any person or property,
- involve the publication of any material that is false, defamatory, harassing or obscene,
- violate privacy rights or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm,
- constitute unsolicited bulk e-mail, “junk mail”, “spam” or chain letters;
- constitute an infringement of intellectual property or other proprietary rights,
- or otherwise violate applicable laws, ordinances or regulations.
In addition to any other rights afforded to GroundzControl.com under the agreement, GroundzControl.com reserves the right to remove or disable access to any material that violates the foregoing restrictions. GroundzControl.com shall have no liability to you in the event that GroundzControl.com takes such action. You agree to defend and indemnify GroundzControl.com against any claim arising out of a violation of your obligations under this section.
XV. Statistical Information
GroundzControl.com may compile statistical information related to the performance of the services, and may make such information publicly available, provided that such information does not incorporate your data and/or identify your confidential information or include your company’s name. GroundzControl.com retains all intellectual property rights in such information.
XVI. Third Party Web Sites, Content, Products and Services
The services may enable you to add links to Web sites and access to content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of such third parties. GroundzControl.com is not responsible for any third party Web sites or third party content provided on or through the services and you bear all risks associated with the access and use of such Web sites and third party content, products and services.
XVII. Customer Reference
- that GroundzControl.com may identify you as a recipient of services and use your logo in sales presentations, marketing materials and press releases, and
- to develop a brief customer profile for use by GroundzControl.com on GroundzControl.com which may be used for promotional purposes.